A well planned and executed strategy to take services and products to market is the foundation of any successful modern company; and executing the right indirect market strategy and working with the best partners is more important today than ever before
A well planned and executed strategy to take services and products to market is the foundation of any successful modern company; and executing the right indirect market strategy and working with the best partners is more important today than ever before. The ratio of direct to indirect channels has shifted considerably since the start of the 21st century in favour of indirect channels. This marked shift in favour of the channel is particularly pronounced in hi-tech markets (IT, electronics, engineering etc.) where indirect channels today make up two thirds (66%) of total sales.
In 1997 the figure was 53% - so quite a dramatic shift from the historically favoured direct route to market; a shift that is impacting all markets, not just hi-tech.
Questpoint - in partnership with Australia-based experts Channel Enablers - helps clients to improve their channel and alliance results by:
- Stimulating the thinking and developing the processes required for breakthrough success
- Delivering operational advice on the planning, building and operating of a growing multi-channel system
- Providing implementation and training support to drive improved productivity and execution in the field
Stimulate the thinking for breakthrough success
A narrow margin separates most winners from the rest in competitive situations. Successful executives identify and focus on a small number of key areas that give them this competitive edge. Questpoint provides thought leadership and breakthrough thinking to:
- Put the right organisational structure in place to achieve the right balance of resources between direct and channel sales
- Drive partner loyalty to improve attach rate revenue growth
- Build a more competent channel sales force and improve critical skills among partner-facing personnel
- Achieve the right balance between company economics and channel alternatives
- Capture a larger share of partner investment
- “Churn” the right partnerships, so that unproductive relationships are terminated and new, high potential partnerships are established
- Fast-track new partner enablement
- Speed up the release of new products and services through the channel
Our consultants work with long-term clients on these and other “breakthrough” initiatives.
Operational advice on planning, building and operating a multi-channel system
How vendors respond to constant change is often the difference between success and failure. It is essential to improve productivity, plan for new channels and / or build on existing channels.
- Annual partnering planning and budgets
- Initiatives for channel recruiting and enablement
- Competitive research and analysis
- Partner satisfaction reviews
- Channel program structure review and development
- Partner profiling and coverage / competency gap analysis
- Channel program audits and budget reviews
- Metrics and channel dashboards
- Channel communication programs and partner councils
If you want to plan, build and operate the best routes to market in a competitive business environment, we have the experience, skills and proven processes to help you.
Training and development to drive improved productivity and execution in the field
Execution is the key to success for any enterprise but people can only be expected to do the jobs they have the competencies to undertake. In a fast-changing business environment it is vital that people quickly and enthusiastically adopt new knowledge and skills. We provide high quality channel training programs designed to engage people and motivate change, complemented by best-practice management processes. We offer the most comprehensive set of training and development programs for:
- Channel management professionals
- Direct and territory sales professionals who sell with and through partners
- Executive management
- Your partners
Our courses and methods have been used to train more than 12,000 partnering professionals in more than 50 countries. Questpoint can help your organisation with workforce development issues around channel management and sales, field sales collaboration with partners, channel leadership, teamwork and readiness.
And should you require a customised curriculum to suit specific requirements or roles, our standard programs can be modified and integrated with your own existing programs and processes.
Questpoint personnel have themselves worked for technology resellers – so we know what is required to drive channel partners to perform to their very best on your behalf.
Our consultants have hands-on experience developing and managing go-to-market channels in EMEA and have helped vendors build their European channels from scratch, including a start-up subsequently acquired by Symantec.
Contact Questpoint to understand how to optimise the value of your channel opportunity and so grow your revenues.